|Industry||Sound effects, Sound editing and Remastering|
While located in San Anselmo, Sprocket Systems came into contact with the local residents from time to time. For instance, Kentfield resident Pat Walsh, "discovered" while shopping at a camera store, provided the voice for E.T.. During the sound recording of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Harrison Ford could be spied practicing his bullwhip technique in the parking lot.
Sprocket Systems moved from San Anselmo following a disastrous flood in January 1982.
Its staff of Sound Designers and Re-Recording Mixers have either won or been nominated for the Academy Award for Best Sound and Best Sound Editing every year since Star Wars in 1977 (in that year Ben Burtt was given a Special Achievement Award, since the category for Sound Editing had not yet been established).
Mixing stages, editorial services and scoring stages are all located in a central "Tech Building", with dining areas and living quarters in the vicinity but separate from the main work area.
- Phil Benson - Executive in Charge of Skywalker Sound
- Christopher Boyes - Re-recording mixer/Sound Designer - Titanic, Pearl Harbor, King Kong
- Richard Hymns - Supervising Sound Editor - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Jurassic Park, Saving Private Ryan, Hulk
- Leslie Ann Jones - Director of Scoring and Music Recording
- Lora Hirschberg - Re-recording mixer - Titanic, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, The Dark Knight, Inception
- Tom Myers - Sound Designer - Toy Story 2, The Dust Factory, Cars, Toy Story 3, Cars 2; Re-recording mixer/Supervising Sound Editor, Up, Toy Story 3, Cars 2
- Michael Semanick - Re-recording mixer - The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, King Kong, Ratatouille, WALL-E, Up, Toy Story 3, Cars 2
- Randy Thom - Re-recording mixer/Sound Designer - Forrest Gump, The Incredibles, The Polar Express, Ratatouille, Ghost in the Shell 2.0
- Matthew Wood - Supervising Sound Editor/Sound Designer - Titan A.E., Mission: Impossible, Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article was at Skywalker Sound. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Lucasfilm Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|