|Star Wars: Battlefront|
|Developed by:||EA Digital Illusions CE|
|Published by:||Electronic Arts|
Star Wars: Battlefront is an upcoming video game in the Star Wars: Battlefront series, under development by DICE. The game was introduced at Electronic Arts' E3 press conference on June 10, 2013. While no release date has been announced, at EA's annual meeting of stockholders chief financial officer Blake Jorgensen indicated that the game would be released in the Q2/Q3 of 2015, which correlates to when Star Wars Episode VII is expected to be released.
In May 2013, publisher/developer Electronic Arts obtained exclusive rights to develop Star Wars games for consoles and PC, and subsidiaries including DICE, Visceral Games, and BioWare started developing Star Wars games. At Electronic Arts' E3 2013 press conference, DICE unveiled a teaser trailer for a game titled Star Wars: Battlefront, featuring first-person footage of a battle set on Hoth. The game will be built with the Frostbite 3 engine; studio head Patrick Söderlund stated that the game would be "DICE's interpretation of what Battlefront should be", but would still incorporate elements from the previous two games. As such, DICE did not brand the new game as a sequel to Battlefront II, but a re-launch of the franchise. Söderlund said that the new Battlefront game almost wasn't developed, but that staffers at DICE lobbied to be given the project; he called DICE's development of Battlefront "a match made in heaven".
- ↑ Star Wars: Battlefront reboot due around summer 2015. Eurogamer (31 July 2013). Retrieved on August 1, 2013.
- ↑ Script error
- ↑ McWhertor, Michael (July 31, 2013). DICE's Star Wars: Battlefront expected summer 2015, EA says. Vox Media. Retrieved on August 13, 2013.
- ↑ Star Wars Battlefront in development at Battlefield studio DICE. Polygon (June 10, 2013). Retrieved on June 10, 2013.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Robinson, Andy. Interview: EA's Patrick Söderlund. Computer and Video Games 2. Future plc. Retrieved on June 27, 2013.
- LucasArts wanted Star Wars Battlefront III to fail, says dev on Gamespot.com
- Official DICE game page
- EA Press Conference
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original article was at Star Wars: Battlefront (2015 video game). The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Lucasfilm Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|